Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Kitchen - The Floor, the floor.



The existing floor was tile, but had several cracked tiles, which was a bit bizarre... until I lifted a few. The tile had been installed directly on the original finished floor, without even sanding it. Without a doubt the worst tile job I've ever seen. The flip side is they came up ridiculously easy!

Had Jerry in to see about refininshing it. Wasn't expecting it to cost so much, almost twice what I expected, and that's him doing me a really good deal. Part of the quote included repairing the floor where the downdraft was cut for the island range, and the gaps where the larger wall opening is.

I got a box of unfinished red oak and patch the holes myself. There was also a big hole under one of the cabinets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home