Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hallways done

I finally got the hallways done. Brought Giovani into do the ceilings and he ended up doing all the walls too. Came up pretty good, not perfect but a huge improvement.
I gave up on the idea of restoring the original finish on the baseboard had been replaced with pine, so would have to deal with matching stains, etc. I decided to paint it a cream semi-gloss.

The front door trim had been butchered to accomodate a surface lock, so I had extensive repair to do on that.

Installed a new dead bolt on front door.

Installed a french door from hallway to kitchen. Big difference in the heating!

Th trim job on the top window in the stairwell was a crap job so decided to redo and try and match the original trim. The problem was I couldn't use full width trim as the window was too close to a wall. I didn't want to slice the trim, so decide to mill a thinner version of the original using poplar. Came up pretty good!

Last but not least, cut a new hole into the attic, and trim out.

And we're done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home