Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bathroom - Vanity Cabinet

Finally got around to building the sink vanity cabinet. Uses MDF to build the box with finish nailer and glue, then applied a poplar 1x2 frame. I wanted to do the 'pickled' (whitewashed) look but ended up just painting it wedding white.
The countertop is a simple laminate on MDF. I was going to use soapstone, but I had already got the laminate before Kevin suggested it. I used the spare floor wood to make the border. The laminate didn't stick as well as it should have - I either rushed it, or the 95F weather was too hot for it.
The kohler faucet I got had a handy attachment mechanism, similar to a toggle-bolt. You popped it in and screwed it tight from the top without having to reach under the cabinet.

Because I didn't properly plan the posistion of the sink, the wall vanity and plumbing are too far to the left. The plumbing I can work, but the wall vanity position now means I have to use a big mirror to cover it.

Next job is to build the frame for the sliding mirror, then hang the door. After that, it's ready to paint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home